The first writtenmention of the settling in 1773 is Dobron. The Dobronhegy has been using since 1863. It is a placename of Hungarian origin from the personal name of Dobron which is of Slav origin. The number of inhabitants in Dobronhegy is 162. It’s Roman catholic chapel was built in the 13th century in Roman style in honour of St.Michael. The village was destroyed during the Turkish rule and the church became deserted. It was reconstructed in the 18thcentury.